Terminal Area Plan
Help shape the future of our airport!
To develop a terminal area plan (TAP) for the Ketchikan International Airport that accommodates current needs, anticipated growth, and enhances the passenger experience.
The existing terminal area facilities and design do not meet current and projected needs.
The TAP will offer short, medium and long-term recommendations for addressing current needs and projected growth.
Review the Preferred Terminal Concept
- Learn about the preferred terminal concept, including how it was selected: Preferred Terminal Concept
- Tell us what you think. Take this short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ketchikanterminal
- Email or call us with your questions, comments and concerns -- see contact information below.
- Submit your comments by August 14, 2020.
Chapters Available For Review
- Inventory: an inventory of existing facilities within the terminal area, including the physical layout of buildings, taxiways, lighting, roadways, seaplane base, access, and parking. The inventory includes an assessment on the condition and capacity of existing facilities.
- Forecast of Aviation Activity: estimates of future aviation and visitation demands to the Ketchikan International Airport, focused on long-term estimates for commercial passenger service.
- Facility Requirements: identification of short and long-term terminal needs to meet the forecast demands of aircraft and passengers. The chapter also compares existing facilities against anticipated future demand.
- Terminal Area Alternative Concepts: evaluates information gathered to date, summarizes opportunities and constraints, and proposes a series of preliminary concepts for the terminal area.
- Terminal Building Alternative Concepts
Learn More and Get Involved
- Receive project updates – email us if you would like to be added to the distribution list (see contact info below).
- Upcoming opportunities will be posted here.
- Mike Carney, Ketchikan International Airport Manager, 907-225-6800, email@example.com
- Ryan Hayes, Mead & Hunt Project Manager, 303-888-1904, Ryan.Hayes@meadhunt.com
What is our Timeline?