The State of Alaska is implementing Phase 1b, Tier 2 of its vaccine allocation guidelines. Additionally, all eligible individuals that fell under previous phases (Phase 1a Tiers 1-3 and Phase 1b Tier 1) are still eligible to receive the vaccine if they have not done so already.
Alaskans currently eligible to receive the COVID vaccine include:
- People 65 years and above
- Most health care workers*
- Long-term care residents and staff*
- People 50 years and above with a high-risk medical condition*
- People 50 years and above working as a frontline essential worker*
- PreK-12 and child care education staff*
- People living or working in congregate settings*
- Pandemic response staff*
*Limitations apply. See covidvax.alaska.gov for details.
For additional eligibility criteria, visit Alaska's COVID-19 Vaccine Homepage.
The following Ketchikan providers are offering the vaccine to eligible residents. Availability is currently limited, but there will be appointments added on a regular basis.
Power of Wellness Clinic
PeaceHealth Medical Center
Public Health Center
The Ketchikan Walmart Pharmacy currently has vaccine available for eligible residents.
- Make your appointment online at: https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302.
- Enter Ketchikan, Alaska or Ketchikan, AK (not zip code).
- How to Schedule an Appointment on Wal Mart's Website
Appointments can be scheduled directly with the provider or online at http://covidvax.alaska.gov
Call 907-646-3322 for assistance with scheduling an appointment. The call line is now staffed Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. on weekends.